BEEF IN THE CLASSROOM PROGRAM 2016-2017
“Beef In the Classroom” is a grant program funded by beef producers through their Checkoff administered by the Kentucky Beef Council. This program provides financial support for the use of beef products in middle and high school Family and Consumer Science, Culinary Arts, Meat/Food Science & Animal Science courses. It reinforces lessons about lean beef selection, storage, preparation and nutrition.
Types of Grants ($300/school program maximum ie. FCS & Ag of same school can apply)
- Culinary Arts Courses: $150/class
- Consumer Beef Grant: $100/class
- Animal Science: $100/class
- Meat/Food Science: $150/class
Money Restrictions – this is a reimbursement program:
• You must submit copies of receipts for beef to be reimbursed.
• The program is limited on a per school basis to not more than $300 per school.
(If there are circumstances that prove more money is needed, that will be evaluated by the Kentucky Beef Council.)
-Please note only a limited amount of grants will be given out. It is a first come first serve basis-
• Qualifying beef purchases include fresh, frozen or fully cooked beef cuts including steaks, roasts and ground beef. (ex. pot roast, beef tips & gravy and BBQ beef).
Deadline – September 30, 2016
For both grants, the application process is a one-page form for you to fill out and return to by September 30, 2016. Award recipients will be notified by email on or before October 10, 2016.
1. Complete Form 1 -- the one-page application for each class type. Do not combine applications for the different classes – but you may combine sections of the same class, i.e. one for all seven sections of Exploring Foods.
2. Completed applications must be submitted by September 30, 2016 to: NO FAXES
Kentucky Beef Council
176 Pasadena Drive
Lexington, KY 40503
3. Recipients of Beef Grant monies will be notified by October 10, 2016. Recipients must fulfill the following reimbursement requirements. Recipients not completing the following requirements by May 27, 2016 will not be reimbursed.
Application Form 1
REIMBURSEMENT PROCESS – DEADLINES
1. Complete Form 2 – Reimbursement Request before June 30, 2017.
2. Complete Form 3 – Teacher Evaluation before June 30, 2017.
3. Attach copies of receipts for beef purchases related to the grant
4. Once all forms are received, a check will be sent reimbursing the $$ amount up to the $ requested in original grant request, not to exceed $300/school.
For more information contact:
Niki Ellis, Kentucky Beef Council: 859-278-0899 or email@example.com